THERMOFAX PORTFOLIO: In 2008 Gerard created a new series of Thermofax prints based on the original Thermofax series he created in 1964-66 while working at Andy Warhol's Factory. An original 3M engineer who pioneered the Thernofax technology in the 1960's provided a vintage fully restored Thermofax machine and the last of his original vintage paper from 1969. With these materials Gerard created the portfolio of 8 prints, each hand signed. The lead print is numbered and features a previously unpublished poem by Gerard, written during the creation of Warhol's Death and Disaster period in the mid 1960's.
• Set of 8 prints housed in a buffered, archival box
• Each print measures 8.5 x 11"
• Since each print was produced by hand there are unique tonal variations making every example unique.
• Limited to 15 individually numbered sets.
• All 8 prints signed by Gerard Malanga